Packing for St. Louis

Well, it’s actually Collinsville, on the other side of the river, but more people know where St. Louis is. Archon is often the start of a longer fall trip, but I don’t know how long we can extend this one. I’ve already decided not to take the RV because of gas price and availability issues.

Still the clock is ticking. I’m packed and waiting. We’ve got to be there Friday morning, a thousand miles away, and I’m not looking forward to doing it all in one day. But, there were good reasons we haven’t left yet. Still gotta file that pesky IRS paperwork. This is the first returns with Wire Rim Books on it, so I had to grok inventory and assorted other accounting things that a writer that just gets royalties doesn’t have to worry about. I made it through the maze, but I’ll have to adjust my record-keeping a bit to make it easier for next year.
Another reason for delay — checks in the mail. They showed, and were deposited this morning. I wasn’t too unhappy with that delay.

1 comment

  1. You’ll be greeted with pretty nice weather if we can believe the weathermen. Hope you enjoy our general area. Too much going on for me to make it — even though I’m only 30/40 minutes away.

Comments are closed.